Bianca Schimizzi – Director & Lead Instructional Designer
Bianca is the Director of Instructional Design Australia (IDA). Over 20 years of Senior Learning, Development and Instructional Designer roles have shaped her expertise in project management of people and learning solutions to support change initiatives. Bianca has worked in Senior Learning & Development roles at ANZ, GE Money, Esanda and Village Roadshow. She has particular strengths in working with stakeholders to determine and influence change impacts on learning needs and driving support for solutions developed. In addition to a variety of technical, transformation and process-driven projects, Bianca has built capability frameworks and managed the instructional design of programs in the broad areas of Sales, Service, Leadership and Coaching.
Key areas in which Bianca is engaged to deliver value to clients are:
- Consulting for training needs analysis, program delivery and implementation
- Capability/competency framework and learning pathway development
- Learning program design and materials development
- Evaluation and measurement of learning effectiveness
- Development of learning strategy and alignment with business objectives
Bianca’s education, professional qualifications and affiliations include:
- Graduate Diploma Training and Development (University of Melbourne)
- Evaluating and Measuring Learning Certificate (American Society Training & Development)
- Bachelor Arts/Bachelor of Science (University of Melbourne)
- Member of American Society Training & Development; Australian Institute Training & Development.
Michael Peart – Managing Partner & Instructional Designer
Michael is the Managing Partner and a Senior Instructional Designer at IDA. Michael is the master of multi-tasking and ensures IDA never misses a deadline.
Michael has 20 years of experience in a variety of senior Human Resource, Organisational Development, Learning and Development, Sales/Marketing, Instructional Design and General Management roles. Michael has a wide range of expertise, which enables him to focus on building learning solutions that effectively support business change.
Michael was the Executive General Manager of VECCI (Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry), Group Human Resources Manager for Village Roadshow and a Senior Learning Consultant Kangan Institute.
Michael has particular strengths in project management to lead and deliver on complex change and transformation projects – incorporating people, process and technology.
Key areas in which Michael is engaged to deliver value to clients are:
- Design, delivery, management and evaluation of learning programs
- Raising operational standards to create consistency and change across multiple sites/businesses
- Developing individual potential for collective performance in complex change environments
- Managing learning projects that focus on tangible revenue results and improved service standards in a variety of consumer and B2B settings
Michael’s qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma in Employment and Labour Relations Law (Melbourne University)
- Master of Business – Human Resources (Swinburne University)
- Diploma in Training and Assessment Systems (Australian College)
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment (Swinburne University)
Tarsh Gardiner, Senior Instructional Designer
Key areas in which Tarsh is engaged to deliver value to clients are:
- Training needs analysis to uncover true learning needs
- High level program design incorporating end-to-end learning solutions
- Designing embedding solutions to ensure learning transfer
- Design and development of program materials
Tarsh’s education, professional qualifications and affiliations include:
- Diploma of Business: Public Relations (TAFE Perth)
- Train the Trainer (Australian Institute of Management)
- Principles of Small Business Management (NZ Institute of Management)
- Member Perth Learning Professionals
Annette Devilee Whish – Senior Instructional Design Consultant
Annette has extensive qualifications and experience in Instructional Design / Educational Design / Learning Design. She offers a comprehensive service advising on course design and development to meet both the learning objectives and learner needs.
Annette was one of the first Australians to gain formal qualifications in the area of Instructional Design: Masters of Learning Science and Technology, with Merit, University of Sydney, 2007. She has gained experience working in a wide variety of settings across universities, corporate and the government sectors.
At the University of Sydney, she worked as an Educational Designer eLearning with Sydney eLearning then at Queensland University of Technology QUT as a Learning Design Consultant and the Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) Queensland as an Instructional Designer.
Annette’s qualifications include:
- Masters of Learning Science and Technology, with Merit, University of Sydney, 2007
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies with Merit (Computing), University of Sydney, 2002
- Cert IV Workplace Training, 2002
- Bachelor of Education (Mathematics and Psychology), Victoria College, 1985
Leah Shadock – Senior Instructional Designer
Leah is a Senior Instructional Designer in the team at IDA. She has over 20 years’ experience in a variety of Human Resources, Organisational Development, Learning and Development and Instructional Design roles. As an accomplished Human resources and L&D professional, with extensive corporate experience and a proven track record she has worked in a diverse range of market leading global and multinational organisations including Estee Lauder, Coca Cola Amatil, and Worley Parsons.
Key areas in which Leah is engaged to deliver value to clients are:
- Consulting for training needs analysis, program design and development
- Building relationships and working with subject matter experts to translate technical information into learning activities
- Review of assessment strategies in high risk workplaces
Leah’s qualifications include:
- Post Graduate Diploma Organisation Behaviour (Swinburne University)
- Bachelor of Arts (RMIT University)
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
Roger Kerr – Senior Instructional Designer
Roger joined IDA in 2017 and brought with him over 25 years of Instructional Design experience. In the mid-1980s, Roger started out as Secondary School Educator focussing on teaching VCE Commerce subjects. He then began teaching at Tertiary Level for Deakin University in the 1990s before moving across to RMIT University where he was involved in co-ordinating projects for Distance Education. Roger was heavily involved in Educational Publishing for a number of years and worked as a Contractor for many departments within RMIT, including the School of Science, Engineering and Health. He also spent some time with Deakin Australia (now DeakinCo.) and at the University of Melbourne where he worked on a number of educational projects that supported the instigation of the Melbourne Model (particularly for Environments) on behalf of the School of Engineering’s Engineering Learning Unit. Since 2011, Roger has been freelancing/contracting and has worked for a number of companies including Aspire Learning Resources, The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators, Darlo, CompliSpace and The Bureau of Meteorology. Roger specialises in digital learning, video based learning, mLearning and eLearning.
Key areas in which Roger is engaged to deliver value to clients are:
- Educational design for digital learning projects
- Professional standard video production, including scripting, filming and editing
- Kick-off to completion for eLearning and mLearning projects
- Educational project management
Roger’s education, professional qualifications and affiliations include:
- Bachelor of Business (Deakin University)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Monash University)
- Master of Education, Knowledge Networks and Digital Innovation (CSU)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- The Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd)
Our Extended Team
Complementing the core team is a extended team of over 45 dedicated consultants in the following disciplines:
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning Authors / Creators
- Learning Designers
- AQTF Compliance Specialists
- HR Consultants
- Learning & Developments Consultants
Flexible Engagement and Placement Models
Instructional Design Australia have consultants available in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. Consultants are available on contract, fixed term or other engagement and placement models that can be tailored to suit your needs.
For all your Workplace Learning, Instructional Design and Learning Design needs in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Canberra call +61 03 5988 9887 or make an online enquiry today.