In the fast-paced world we live in, traditional long-form learning experiences may not always align with the demands of busy adult learners. That’s where microlearning…
Are you looking for a job in Instructional Design, eLearning Development or Learning Design?
We are always looking for talented Instructional Designers, eLearning Developers and Learning Designers to join our national team on an independent contractor or casual employee basis to provide instructional design support on specific projects. Our projects typically vary in length from 1 to 12 weeks, so we may be able to offer flexible engagements around your other commitments and availability (including work from home, flexible days and hours).
We have teams located across Australia, including in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Our head office is located in Clifton Hill, Victoria, a short walk from the 59 tram or about 1km from the station.
Many of our team members work remotely, however, there may be some requirement to attend one of our offices or clients’ sites for briefings, reviews and planning sessions.
Required skills and experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply contemporary adult learning principles to the development of learning experiences and materials
- 5 years+ experience creating learning materials for audiences across a range of organisational and complexity levels
- Strengths in analysis, creativity and the ability to work independently
- Strongly developed writing, proofreading, editing and formatting skills
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work
- A flexible approach and willingness to use DLD templates and preferred learning methodologies
- Advanced MS Word capability
- Ability to create materials to specification and within required development to delivery time ratios
Desirable skills and experience
- Ability to create ASQA-compliant accredited learning and assessment material
- We are keen to hear from Instructional Designers who have worked on projects connected with Banking, Health, Engineering, Rail, Construction or other technical fields
- Experience in combining ASQA-compliant accredited training with complex, organisationally-specific operational needs
- Ability to create basic eLearning courses and assessment quizzes in authoring tools, including StoryLine and RISE
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A very brief cover letter outlining:
- Your availability
- Hourly/daily rate range
- A short overview of instructional design and learning design projects you have worked on recently
- Your typical development to delivery ratio
2. Your resume
3. A sample of learning materials you have recently created:
- Up to 10 pages (total)
- PDF file not exceeding 10MB
- Watermarked as sample with your name
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Instructional Design Jobs
Instructional Design Course
If you are starting out in instructional design, looking to further your skills, or wanting some guides and stylish templates that take your learning materials to the next level, our Instructional Design Courses may be for you!
We offer three Instructional Design course options:
- Instructional Design Basics Learn More
- Instructional Design PLUS Learn More
- Instructional Design for your Organisation Learn More
In today’s digital age, eLearning has become increasingly prevalent in adult education. eLearning, or electronic learning, refers to the use of digital technology to deliver…
In recent years, the field of education has witnessed a significant shift towards blended learning, a powerful approach that combines traditional face-to-face instruction with online…