Instructional Design Basics
Master the end-to-end process of instructional design, drawing on the popular and industry-respected ADDIE model. Developed by our team of instructional design experts, this program offers key insights and practical tools to build exceptional learning design skills.
Instructional Design PLUS
Kick-start a portfolio - apply learning theories, instructional design principles and innovative technologies; practise using your new templates and guides to create impactful programs; and experience personalised coaching sessions tailored to your needs, providing targeted feedback and support.
(Instructional Design Basic course, + 3 x 90 min coaching sessions)
Our Instructional Design Courses are ideal for those seeking to enter the industry or upskill.
Participants receive access to a comprehensive toolkit of materials, templates and guides required to be an exceptional instructional designer. Participants use the toolkit as a self-paced resource to complete a project designing and developing their own learning program. An IDA Instructional Design Certificate is awarded on completion.
Key features and benefits:
- Proven in marketplace
- Practical tools that work
- Tailor tools to your needs and create your own learning materials
- Online self-paced or face to face (for organisations)
- Save development time and cost with decades of combined expertise
- Lifetime access to templates with an included licence in perpetuity
- IDA Instructional Design Certificate awarded on completion
- Option for Feedback and Coaching as you go with Instructional Design PLUS
Become an exceptional instructional designer!
Discover Learning Designs and Instructional Design Australia are successful instructional design consultancies.
- We have been in the marketplace for over 10 years
- We are commercially successful
- Decades of combined expertise, investment and development time in our products
- We work with variety of Australia’s leading organisations
The instructional design courses draws on the ADDIE model of Instructional Design:
By the end of the course, participants will not only have learned about Instructional Design, they will have applied the knowledge and skills to create their own set of learning materials. The Instructional Design course and template kit is suited to both those who are new to Instructional Design and those seeking to refine or specialise their skills.
Importantly, each course gives the participants a license to use the included Instructional Design templates in perpetuity.
I was fresh out of completing a Master of Adult and Vocational Education when I got a job as a company’s first in-house Instructional Designer. Having little to no templates to work from, the ADDIE Toolkit was a godsend. The templates and guides within the Toolkit are comprehensive, yet concise. They guide you through the learning design process step by step – perfect for someone with limited experience in the L&D industry. I highly recommend this Toolkit for anyone starting out in Instructional Design.
I recommend the ADDIE Toolkit to any Instructional Designer that is looking for elegant and easy to use templates. I have received many complements from my clients since purchasing the Toolkit.
This ADDIE Toolkit has been a lifesaver! After having worked as a Lead Instructional Designer for many years, I decided to go out on my own. I didn’t have my own templates, so this toolkit gave me all that I needed. In just a few weeks I had created a really impressive portfolio that landed me my dream job.
Click on the links below to learn more about Instructional Design.
- What is Instructional Design
- Understanding Instructional Design
- What Do Instructional Designers Do?
- What are the differences between Educational Design, Learning Design and Instructional Design?
- First Principles of Instruction
- The Instructional Design Method
- Learning Science
- Read more academic articles on instructional design here.
- Read our latest blog articles here.
To enquire about our Instructional Design Courses call Instructional Design Australia (IDA).
A certificate of completion is available for all participants who complete an Instructional Design course with IDA. The certificate features the Instructional Design Australia logo.
Instructional design is the practice of using an understanding of how people learn to inform decisions regarding learning sequences and strategies, to provide effective educational experiences that meet learning needs. Do you need a degree?
Read more here.