An Instructional Design coach can help someone embarking on a new career in Instructional Design, or help to build specialist Instructional Design capability for those with general experience in learning and development. IDA offers an Instructional Design Course to support learning design capability build – this course includes a package of coaching and mentoring sessions, as well as a self-paced toolkit of materials and Instructional Design templates.
Your coach will guide, challenge and build both your competence and confidence by enabling you to apply the ADDIE model in designing and developing real workplace learning projects.
Our Senior Instructional Design Consultants will share their expertise, tools and experience gained across a variety of workplace contexts – and are the ideal mentors for one-on-one or team Instructional Design capability uplift!
Participants receive access to a comprehensive toolkit of materials, templates and guides required to be an exceptional instructional designer. Participants use the toolkit as a self-paced resource to design and develop their own learning program.
In addition to the toolkit, participants who purchase Instructional Design PLUS receive three, 90-minute 1:1 coaching and mentoring sessions with a Senior Instructional Designer from the IDA and DLD team.
The coaching and mentoring sessions are focussed on reviewing the learning design and materials developed, challenging and guiding participants as they create their own course. Coaching sessions occur:
- When the High Level Design (HLD) is created
- Early in the learning material development phase
- Late in the learning materials development phase
Participants are introduced to their nominated Senior Instructional Designer (ID) within 48 hours of purchasing their Instructional Design Course.
- The participant and ID will agree times and dates for the coaching sessions
- Participants will receive supportive and constructive feedback on their work, with practical advice on how it may be improved
- Coaching sessions are typically conducted virtually
- Participants have 12 months from purchase to use their coaching sessions
Instructional Design Australia (IDA) provides services to support workplace learning and change. With team members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth IDA will enable your people to engage, learn and perform.