In the fast-paced world we live in, traditional long-form learning experiences may not always align with the demands of busy adult learners. That’s where microlearning…
At Instructional Design Australia (IDA), we offer a comprehensive and flexible instructional design consulting service. We build learning solutions to meet business objectives and learning needs.
We believe in transforming learning experiences. Merging innovative design with deep-rooted learning principles, we craft solutions that engage, inspire and drive real-world application.
Embracing varied learning pathways, we craft courses for face-to-face, eLearning, virtual, and blended delivery, ensuring accessible and tailored learning experiences that respect diverse learning styles and logistical needs across multiple contexts.
Instructional design courses
We offer self-paced instructional design courses to help you craft impactful learning experiences with the support of templates, guides and personalised coaching.
Developed by our team of instructional design experts, our programs offer key insights and practical tools to build exceptional learning design skills.
Dive in with us!
- Study flexibly – time, place and duration
- Discover best practice
- Receive the practical tools you need
- Practice as you learn
- Benefit from personalised coaching
Visual designs enhancing content clarity, engagement, and comprehension.
Programs structured and tailored to meet learning needs and optimise retention.
Rich auditory content to immerse learners in topical discussions and insights.
Using game elements to boost engagement, motivation and enjoyable learning.
UX and UI
Ensuring user-friendly, intuitive, and accessible design for all learning platforms.
Our solutions transform engage inspire motivate resonate challenge
- Leadership development: Face-to-face and eLearning modules on team dynamics, strategic vision, and motivational techniques.
- Project management: Methodologies, team management, and risk assessment.
- Business planning: Stages of business strategy, execution, and monitoring progress.
- Leading through challenging times: Common types of business crises, and how to prevent, prepare, respond and recover from a crisis.
- Feedback strategies for continuous improvement: Uncover how to effectively provide feedback and respond appropriately to difficult reactions.
- Managing your remote team: Smoothly transition to remote work and maintain engagement, productivity and connection. Strategies to create a healthy work-from-home environment and practices to support your wellbeing.
- Customer service excellence: Effective communication, problem-solving and customer retention strategies.
- Emotional intelligence: Improve your self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, empathy and social skills.
- Diversity and inclusion: Cultural competence, unconscious bias and fostering inclusive environments.
- Self-help and personal growth: Personal development courses on resilience, stress management, and goal setting.
- Conflict resolution: Common causes of conflict in the workplace and typical reactions. Skills to resolve conflict effectively and respond appropriately to frustrated or angry employees.
- Recognising and overcoming bias: Science behind unconscious bias, the impacts of bias and techniques to challenge and overcome them—reducing their harmful effects.
- Company inductions: Onboarding programs for new hires.
- Procedural changes: Updates and refreshers on company-specific procedures.
- Systems training: Detailed tutorials on company software, tools or platforms.
- Electrical power supplies: Courses on basics, safety, and troubleshooting.
- Work Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS): Mandatory modules on workplace safety and precautions.
- EEO/Workplace behaviour training: Ensuring equal employment opportunities and promoting respectful workplace conduct.
- Conflict of interest training: Identification and management of potential conflicts in professional settings.
- Privacy: Best practices and legal requirements around data protection and confidentiality.
- Fraud and corruption: Recognition and prevention of unscrupulous activities in the workplace.
- Incident response: Scenario-based training on emergency responses and safety protocols.
- Biodiversity training: Local flora and fauna, conservation strategies and environmental impact.
- Marine life care and rescue: Marine biology, rescue techniques and conservation.
- Beekeeping: How to keep your own bees, make your own honey and save the bees.
- Youth work: Guidance on mentoring, counselling, and youth-centric programs.
- Managing challenging behaviour: Tools and strategies for handling difficult situations.
- Trauma-related training: Understanding trauma, its impact, and support strategies.
- Supported decision-making: Courses on promoting autonomy and informed choices in vulnerable populations.
- Financial literacy: Understanding money management, budgeting, investing, and financial decision-making essentials (Cert I course designed for high school students, harnessing gamified learning).
- Job seeking and career building: Resume building, interview techniques, and job market insights.
- Graduate Certificate in Railway Signalling Systems
- Graduate Diploma in Railway Signalling Systems
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Certificate IV in Rail Network Control
- Certificate IV in Engineering (Electrical)
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Certificate III in Rail Customer Service
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Certificate III in Terminal Train Driving
- Managing Ill Passengers
- Rail Corridor Construction – supporting collaboration between Work Group Supervisors and Engineers
- Train Track Safety Awareness (accredited course – unit of competency: Safely access the rail corridor)
- Lookout (accredited course – unit of competency: Perform lookout duties)
- Handsignaller (accredited course – unit of competency: Perform handsignaller duties)
Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.1 (accredited course – units of competency: Conduct track protection assessment; Operate under track protection rules)
Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.2 (accredited course – units of competency: Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits; Implement a track occupancy authority; Implement a local possession authority; Implement a track work authority and manage rail traffic through worksites; Clip and secure points)
Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.3 (accredited course – units of competency: Plan and coordinate protection for multiple worksites within limits of a work on track authority)
- Training materials for Leadership and Transformation: Retail Banking, Asia Pacific
- Product change learning design: Personal Loans, Credit Cards, Merchant Services, Credit Risk
- Contact tracing
- Accessibility of health services to people with disabilities
- Smoking cessation
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Age-related macular degeneration & diabetic eye disease
- Training design and development: ‘Tourism Excellence’ suite of workshops
- SAP reporting
- Analytical reporting
- Induction for corrections facilities
- Training materials and change management for client and operator systems
- Storyboarding to translate an existing face-to-face outplacement program for an eLearning platform
- New leadership program development and assessments
- eLearning Programs
- Training materials development for Diploma of Tourism (AQTF compliant)
- Training design of member workshops: Grow Me The Money; Carbon Down
- Training design of public workshops: Effective Sales, Time Management, Customer Service
- Learning Design: Salesforce Optimisation – Onboarding
- Learning design: Business Acumen for Sales Professionals
- Sales planning
- Learning design: Advanced Selling Skills
- Towing operations
At Instructional Design Australia, we pride ourselves on our extensive experience in accredited training. Over the years, we’ve collaborated with industry experts, educational institutions and RTOs of all sizes to design and develop accredited courses that not only meet stringent educational standards but also provide real-world relevance.
Our proficiency ensures that learners receive a rigorous, high-quality education that equips them with recognised qualifications and skills.
Below, explore the array of nationally recognised qualifications we’ve created, or click here for a comprehensive list.
- TLI42215 Certificate IV in Rail Network Operations
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Electrical)
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- TLI33118 Certificate III in Rail Customer Service
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- TLI33213 Certificate III in Terminal Train Driving
- 22326VIC Graduate Certificate in Railway Signalling Systems
- 22327VIC Graduate Diploma of Railway Signalling Systems
- FNS10115 Certificate I in Financial Services
eCompliance Training offers a number of online compliance courses and related services, including:
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Training
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Essentials Training
- Workplace Information Privacy Essential Obligations Training
Our Instructional Design Courses and Templates
We also offer instructional design training courses which include:
- Instructional Design – Basics
- Instructional Design – PLUS
- Instructional Design for your Organisation
Our templates are included in the courses above, however, they can also be purchased separately:
I worked with Tarsh and Michael from Instructional Design Australia on a recent project and could not speak more highly of their professionalism and commitment to their customers. Throughout the project they were responsive, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I appreciated the engaging way in which they worked, their initiative and the opportunity to work through solutions together. We are thrilled with the online training that Instructional Design Australia has developed for our organisations; it was well beyond our expectations.
Kate – The University of Western Australia
I was fresh out of completing a Master of Adult and Vocational Education when I got a job as a company’s first in-house Instructional Designer. Having little to no templates to work from, the ADDIE Toolkit was a godsend. The templates and guides within the Toolkit are comprehensive, yet concise. They guide you through the learning design process step by step – perfect for someone with limited experience in the L&D industry. I highly recommend this Toolkit for anyone starting out in Instructional Design.
IDA consistently exceeds our expectations. Their learner-focused approach have turned made programs fun and effective! We’ve received outstanding feedback from the participants. Thanks IDA!
I’m so happy to have found Instructional Design Australia to design and develop our bespoke learning program. We wanted to create a program consisting of online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job training. IDA aced it! We’re extremely happy with the end product.
IDA was a pleasure to work with – excellent communication, great attention to detail, fantastic ideas for hands-on engaging learning whilst meeting our tight deadlines. We are looking forward to working with IDA on future projects.
We appreciate IDA’s ability to create engaging and interactive eLearning programs with tight turn arounds. I always feel relaxed with IDA on board, knowing our program’s in good hands.
This ADDIE Toolkit has been a lifesaver! After having worked as a Lead Instructional Designer for many years, I decided to go out on my own. I didn’t have my own templates, so this toolkit gave me all that I needed. In just a few weeks I had created a really impressive portfolio that landed me my dream job.
I recommend the ADDIE Toolkit to any Instructional Designer that is looking for elegant and easy to use templates. I have received many complements from my clients since purchasing the Toolkit.
Our approach to effective learning design
Setting specific steps to achieve learning goals, ensuring progress and accountability.
Focusing on strengths to empower and foster positive growth in learners.
Encouraging free-thinking and creativity to generate diverse ideas.
Analysing real-world or real-to-life scenarios to apply theoretical knowledge practically.
Coaching, mentoring and buddying
One-on-one guidance, fostering personal growth and skill development.
Offering specific advice for improvement, enhancing performance and understanding.
Critical incident analysis
Reflecting on significant events to learn and adapt for future situations.
Examining personal experiences and beliefs, promoting deeper understanding and encouraging growth.
Engaging in structured arguments to develop critical thinking and perspective-taking.
Facilitated conversations that deepen understanding and explore varied viewpoints.
Knowledge checks and quizzes
Assessing understanding and retention, and identifying areas for improvement.
Multimedia (videos, podcasts, infographics)
Engaging visual and audio content; enhancing retention and catering to different learning styles.
Self-paced extension activities
Providing flexibility for learners to delve deeper at their own pace.
Collaborative knowledge exchange, enhancing understanding through peer perspectives.
Immersive scenarios that allow practice and decision-making in a controlled environment.
Experiencing real-world settings to enhance contextual understanding and practical application.
Engaging in hands-on activities to hone specific skills through application and improve proficiency.
Conveying information through narratives, making learning relatable and memorable.
In today’s digital age, eLearning has become increasingly prevalent in adult education. eLearning, or electronic learning, refers to the use of digital technology to deliver…
In recent years, the field of education has witnessed a significant shift towards blended learning, a powerful approach that combines traditional face-to-face instruction with online…
Instructional Design Australia (IDA) provides services to support workplace learning and change. With team members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, IDA will enable your people to engage, learn and perform.