Want to sell eLearning courses? With busy schedules, resistance to change, ‘information overload’ from daily life and years of attending boring training, it can be…
Instructional Design Australia (IDA) offers a comprehensive and flexible Instructional Design consulting service, focussing on course design and development to meet the business objectives and learning needs of your organisation and people. IDA also offers Instructional Design Courses, available as a self-paced toolkit and face-to-face workshops.
Who We Work With
Examples of Our Work
We create responsive and engaging eLearning. Learn more.
eLearning programs include:
- Procedural changes
- Diversity and inclusion
- Project management
- Health, including:
- Accessibility of health services to people with disabilities
- Smoking cessation
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Age-related Macular Degeneration & Diabetic Eye Disease
- Contact tracing
- Work health and safety (WHS) and occupational health and safety (OHS)
- Systems training
- Business planning
- Customer service skills
- Electrical power supplies
- Biodiversity and environmental training
- Marine life care and rescue
- Youth work, including:
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Incident response
- Trauma-related training
- Job seeking
- Self-help and personal growth
- Supported decision-making
See examples of our recent eLearning projects here.
IDA has created nationally recognised qualifications and units.
Accredited courses include:
- TLI42215 Certificate IV in Rail Network Operations
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Electrical)
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- TLI33118 Certificate III in Rail Customer Service
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- TLI33213 Certificate III in Terminal Train Driving
- 22326VIC Graduate Certificate in Railway Signalling Systems
- 22327VIC Graduate Diploma in Railway Signalling Systems
- FNS10115 – Certificate I in Financial Services
Public Transport – Rail
- Project management service for the implementation of Nationally Accredited Certificate Course in Engineering (AQTF compliant)
- Provision of eLearning, mobile application and Learning Management System
- Training material development for multiple certificate courses (AQTF compliant)
- Rail Safety including Track Protection and High Voltage
- Rail Signalling Maintenance and Design (AQTF compliant)
- Customer Service
- Operational Control Centres (AQTF compliant)
- Authorised Officers (AQTF compliant)
- Training materials for Leadership and Transformation: Retail Banking, Asia Pacific
- Product change learning design: Personal Loans, Credit Cards, Merchant Services, Credit Risk
- Training materials and change management for client and operator systems
- eLearning Programs
- Training materials development for Diploma of Tourism (AQTF compliant)
- Training design of member workshops: Grow Me The Money; Carbon Down
- Training design of public workshops: Effective Sales, Time Management, Customer Service
- Storyboarding to translate an existing face-to-face outplacement program for an eLearning platform
- New leadership program development and assessments
- Training design and development: ‘Tourism Excellence’ suite of workshops
- SAP reporting
- Analytical reporting
- Induction for corrections facility
- Learning design: Advanced Selling Skills
- Towing operations
- Sales planning
- Learning design: Business Acumen for Sales Professionals
- Learning Design: Salesforce Optimisation – On boarding
eCompliance Training offers a number of online compliance courses and related services, including:
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Training
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Essentials Training
- Workplace Information Privacy Essential Obligations Training
Our Instructional Design Courses and Templates
We also offer instructional design training courses which include:
- Instructional Design – Basics
- Instructional Design – PLUS
- Instructional Design for your Organisation
Our templates are included in the courses above, however, they can also be purchased separately:
Below is a sample from our templates.
Click on the links below for a sneak peek into some of our recent projects.
- Contact Tracing: Global eLearning Modules
- Financial Literacy for High School Students
- Developing Rail Signalling Leadership and Management Capabilities
- Leadership Capability Pathway and Programs
- Safety and Efficiency in a High-Risk Environment
- Graduate Program: ‘Experience Your Future’
- Maximising the Potential and Usage of Current Software
- Driverless Train – a First for Australia
- Leadership Development Across Traditionally Siloed Roles
At Instructional Design Australia, we create visually engaging, interactive and responsive eLearning programs.
We also offer optional inclusions to take eLearning programs to the next level.
Need a program developed fast? We can produce eLearning swiftly and economically using our rapid eLearning development approach, suitable for projects under time pressures, or with a limited budget.
View eLearning Samples
See samples of some of our recent eLearning projects.
IDA consistently exceeds our expectations. Their learner-focused approach have turned made programs fun and effective! We’ve received outstanding feedback from the participants. Thanks IDA!
I’m so happy to have found Instructional Design Australia to design and develop our bespoke learning program. We wanted to create a program consisting of online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job training. IDA aced it! We’re extremely happy with the end product.
IDA was a pleasure to work with – excellent communication, great attention to detail, fantastic ideas for hands-on engaging learning whilst meeting our tight deadlines. We are looking forward to working with IDA on future projects.
We appreciate IDA’s ability to create engaging and interactive eLearning programs with tight turn arounds. I always feel relaxed with IDA on board, knowing our program’s in good hands.
This ADDIE Toolkit has been a lifesaver! After having worked as a Lead Instructional Designer in a large organisation for many years, I decided to go out on my own. I was daunted by the fact that I didn’t have my own templates, however this toolkit gave me all that I needed. I changed the logos, then I was ready for business!
I recommend the ADDIE Toolkit to any Instructional Designer that is looking for elegant and easy to use templates. I have received many complements from my clients since purchasing the Toolkit.
I was fresh out of completing a Master of Adult and Vocational Education when I got a job as a company’s first in-house Instructional Designer. Having little to no templates to work from, the ADDIE Toolkit was a godsend. The templates and guides within the Toolkit are comprehensive, yet concise. They guide you through the learning design process step by step – perfect for someone with limited experience in the L&D industry. I highly recommend this Toolkit for anyone starting out in Instructional Design.
We use a variety of learning methodologies and activities to provide rich learning experiences. Our approach We draw on a range of adult learning theories…
The nuts and bolts Accredited training leads to a nationally recognised qualification such as a Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate. These qualifications are…
Our Approach to Effective Learning Design
IDA uses a variety of adult learning theories in learning design. Our approach is driven by the concept of inquiry-based Discovery Learning, which requires learners to make connections to previous knowledge, bring their own questions to learning, investigate and critically reflect on concepts and design ways to try out their ideas.
To maximize learner engagement and transfer of learning, we design programs that offer both formal and informal learning opportunities.
Examples of methodologies and activities that IDA uses in its learning design include:
- Appreciative Inquiry (strengths-based approach)
- Problem Based Learning (PBL)
- Critical Reflection
- Shared Learning
- Action Planning
- Case Studies
- Critical Incident Analysis
- Skills Practice
Instructional Design Australia (IDA) provides services to support workplace learning and change. With team members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, IDA will enable your people to engage, learn and perform.