In the fast-paced world we live in, traditional long-form learning experiences may not always align with the demands of busy adult learners. That’s where microlearning…
We craft impactful engaging efficient immersive bespoke learning
Virtual and online learning
We create visually engaging, interactive and responsive eLearning programs.
Our standard offerings include diverse multimedia, visuals, and quizzes.
Want to elevate? Explore our optional enhancements.
Tight deadline or budget? Count on our rapid development.
Catering to all learners, we design programs to meet WCAG 2.2, ensuring full accessibility.
ADDIE’s our roadmap to tailor, innovate, and deliver exceptional, learner-centric experiences every time.
- Analyse: First stop, discovery! We’re your learning detectives, mapping out needs.
- Design: Crafting the blueprint. Think of it as our creative canvas.
- Develop: Where magic happens! Merging art with tech for engaging courses.
- Implement: Ready, set, launch! Seamlessly integrating into your world.
- Evaluate: Not just done, we perfect. Tweaking based on your feedback.
Job aids and quick reference guides
Leaders in the world of instructional design since 2009, we are proud to have partnered with organisations across diverse industries, including:
- Health care and social assistance
- Government and public administration
- Financial and insurance services
- Public transport
- Education and training
Become an instructional designer!
Build your own impactful learning materials with the support of templates, guides and personalised coaching.
Kick-start a portfolio:
- Apply learning theories, instructional design principles and innovative technologies
- Practise using your new templates and guides to accelerate the development of your portfolio
Benefit from personalised coaching sessions tailored to your needs, providing targeted feedback and support.
In today’s digital age, eLearning has become increasingly prevalent in adult education. eLearning, or electronic learning, refers to the use of digital technology to deliver…
In recent years, the field of education has witnessed a significant shift towards blended learning, a powerful approach that combines traditional face-to-face instruction with online…
The investment for our instructional design services is shaped by a combination of factors tailored to meet your unique requirements. Among these considerations are:
- Research needs: The volume and depth of content required by us to develop.
- Deliverables: Outputs like videos, podcasts, and graphics can vary in production costs.
- Reviews cycles: The more feedback loops, the finer the end-product. This iterative approach can impact the timeline and cost.
- Program length: Longer courses typically demand more resources.
- Interactivity: Advanced interactive features may have added costs.
- Accessibility: Ensuring universal access can add design layers.
By understanding these factors, we aim to provide transparent and value-driven solutions tailored to your needs.
An instructional designer (ID) is a professional who designs, develops, and delivers educational and training materials. Here’s a closer look at their role:
- Learning needs analysis: IDs assess and identify the learning needs of a target audience, often collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Learning objectives: They define clear, actionable objectives to guide the content and ensure measurable outcomes.
- Content creation: IDs design and develop materials, which can range from traditional course outlines to multimedia eLearning modules.
- Learning theory application: They apply educational theories and principles to create effective and engaging learning experiences.
- Assessment design: IDs craft evaluations and assessments to measure the effectiveness of the learning experience.
- Feedback integration: Post-assessment, they refine and adjust content based on feedback and performance metrics.
- Technology utilisation: Many IDs use Learning Management Systems (LMS) and eLearning authoring tools to deploy and track online training.
- Continuous improvement: IDs stay updated with the latest educational trends, tools, and technologies to ensure that content remains relevant and engaging.
In essence, instructional designers bridge the gap between content experts and learners, ensuring that information is communicated effectively, engagingly, and in a manner conducive to optimal retention and application.
Instructional design is the systematic process of creating educational and training materials using research-backed principles to ensure effective learning. It’s crucial because it ensures that content is tailored to meet learners’ needs, making training more efficient, engaging, and impactful. Through instructional design, we ensure that learners not only absorb information but can also apply it in real-world contexts.
Our instructional design process typically follows the ADDIE model, which includes Analyse, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate. Initially, we analyse your training needs, learner demographics, and desired outcomes. Next, we design a blueprint for the program, outlining its structure, content, and interactions. During the develop phase, we create the actual course materials, which might include multimedia elements, quizzes, and interactive modules. We can assist in piloting and implementing the course, ensuring it integrates seamlessly with your platforms or LMS. Finally, we evaluate the course’s effectiveness, gathering feedback for continuous improvement.
We specialise in a variety of training modalities including eLearning modules, classroom-based training, blended learning solutions, mobile learning, and microlearning nuggets. Our team is adept at understanding your specific needs and recommending the most suitable format, or a combination of formats, to achieve the desired learning outcomes.
Recognising the diversity of learners is central to our design philosophy. We start by conducting a thorough audience analysis to understand their backgrounds, prior knowledge, learning preferences, and potential barriers to learning. Based on this, we craft content that is relatable, inclusive, and accessible. This might include creating diverse scenarios, offering content in multiple languages, ensuring accessibility for differently-abled learners, and providing supplemental resources for those who want to dive deeper. Our goal is to create a learning experience that resonates with every individual.
Yes, we ensure our courses are compatible with a wide range of Learning Management Systems (LMS). We develop content using standard eLearning specifications like SCORM and xAPI, making it easy to integrate with popular LMS platforms like Talent LMS, Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, Totara, and many others. If you have a specific LMS in mind, let us know, and we’ll ensure seamless integration.
Our commitment to quality is paramount. We adopt a multi-layered approach to ensure course effectiveness. This includes formative assessments during the course, feedback loops with stakeholders during the design and develop phases, QA processes within our team and thorough testing on multiple devices/platforms. Post-course, we encourage summative evaluations and surveys to gather learner feedback. Data analytics from the LMS can also provide insights into course effectiveness, allowing for continuous improvements.
The timeline for course development can vary based on several factors including the complexity of the content, the chosen instructional methods, the amount of interactivity, and the overall course length. On average, a one-hour eLearning module might take anywhere from 4-6 weeks from project kick-off to final product handover. However, we always work closely with clients to meet any specific deadlines and can adjust our processes to accommodate urgent timelines if necessary.
We’re versatile in our approach. Whether it’s designing a course from scratch or updating and enhancing existing courses, we have the expertise to assist. We understand that content evolves, and we’re here to help ensure your courses remain current, engaging, and effective for learners.
Yes, we design courses with localisation in mind. We work with a team of expert translators to ensure content accuracy and cultural relevance in multiple languages. We ensure that graphics, audio, and other multimedia elements are also tailored for a global audience. If you have specific languages in mind, let us know, and we’ll make it happen.
Click on the links below to learn about instructional design:
- What is Instructional Design?
- Understanding Instructional Design
- How to Become an Instructional Designer
- Learn more about eLearning Development
- What Do Instructional Designers Do?
- Do You Need An Instructional Design Degree?
- What are the differences between Educational Design, Learning Design and Instructional Design?
- First Principles of Instruction
- The Instructional Design Method
- Learning Science
- What is problem-based learning (PBL)
- Case studies
Click one of the links below to learn more about eLearning:
- eLearning: Dos and Dont’s
- What eLearning Developers do
- How much does eLearning cost?
- How-To: Design for Online Courses
- The Learning Benefits of Video and Multimedia
- Shoot Your Own Video
- The Role of eLearning in Adult Education: Pros, Cons, and Best Practices
- 5 reasons to incorporate eLearning in a face-to-face program
- How to Create Interactive eLearning Content for Adult Learners
- Making eLearning Accessible
- How To Sell eLearning Courses
- Making eLearning Accessible
- Do You Want to Create an Online Course or eLearning?