What is Andragogy Adult Learning Theory? Malcolm Knowles (1913-1977) was an influential American educator who popularised the term ‘andragogy’, the art and science of how…
M. David Merrill reviewed instructional design theories to identify common principles. He devised the following five principles.
- Learning is promoted when learners are engaged in solving real-world problems.
- Learning is promoted when existing knowledge is activated as a foundation for new knowledge.
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is demonstrated to the learner.
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is applied by the learner.
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is integrated into the learner’s world.
First Principles of Instruction by M. David Merrill
The American Psychological Association has developed the Learner-centered Principles. The most important principle is to create a positive climate and positive relationships.
What Is Instructional Design?
Click on the links below to learn more about instructional design.
- What Do Instructional Designers Do?
- What are the differences between Educational Design, Learning Design, and Instructional Design?
- The Instructional Design Method
- Our Instructional Design Services
- Learning Science
- Read more Academic Articles on Instructional design here.
- Read our latest blog articles here.
Our Instructional Design Method
Instructional Design Australia (IDA) draws on the ADDIE Model of Instructional Design when delivering its learning design services to clients across Australia. Watch the video below to learn more on how IDA applies the ADDIE model.
Who We Work With
Ever thought about becoming a beekeeper? Then the Beekeeping 101 Course is right for you! Beekeeping is a fascinating and rewarding hobby. By caring for…
Want to sell eLearning courses? With busy schedules, resistance to change, ‘information overload’ from daily life and years of attending boring training, it can be…
IDA consistently exceeds our expectations. Their learner-focused approach have turned made programs fun and effective! We’ve received outstanding feedback from the participants. Thanks IDA!
I’m so happy to have found Instructional Design Australia to design and develop our bespoke learning program. We wanted to create a program consisting of online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job training. IDA aced it! We’re extremely happy with the end product.
IDA was a pleasure to work with – excellent communication, great attention to detail, fantastic ideas for hands-on engaging learning whilst meeting our tight deadlines. We are looking forward to working with IDA on future projects.