What does a Perth eLearning Designer do?
Using e-learning development tools like Articulate 360, our eLearning Designer in Perth builds, develops, reviews, and incrementally enhances online courses around Learning Design.
The actual design of the learning, including sequencing, content, and instruction, is the responsibility of an eLearning Designer, as opposed to an eLearning Developer in Perth, who often focuses largely on the development of a programme. Before building the programme using the appropriate authoring technology, the online education designer will often work with subject matter experts (SME) to develop the course’s learning contents and design the course flow.
Key Responsibilities of the eLearning Designer:
- Design and plan learning activities to create a logical progression.
- Create eLearning modules that clearly explain difficult ideas.
- To encourage learning by providing clear directions.
- Use the right authoring tools to produce adaptable eLearning designs and deliver material effectively.
- Choose the proper interactive elements, features, and content delivery methods.
- Use pictures, images, and diagrams to visually communicate the material and context.
- Make assessments that are in line with the objectives of learning.
- To publish eLearning, use a learning management system (LMS)
- Analyse evaluation results to ascertain the effectiveness of the eLearning programme.
- Continuously improve eLearning programmes based on evaluation results.
What is the difference between e-Learning and Instructional Design ?
Although the production of adult learning experiences is a component of both instructional design and eLearning, there are important distinctions between the two. Instructional designers create learning experiences that assist students in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and behaviours necessary to meet certain objectives by fusing instructional design concepts with adult learning theories. The phrase “instructional design” refers to a variety of training delivery techniques, such as face-to-face instruction, facilitator-led instruction, self-paced instruction, leader-led education, on-the-job training, online instruction, and eLearning.
Most eLearning is conducted online. Self-paced learning is common, however this depends on the authoring tool that was used to develop it. Computers, tablets, and mobile phones are just a few of the many platforms that may often be used to modify eLearning. The eLearning programme is created by eLearning Developers using an authoring tool, as opposed to instructional designers who may create eLearning using a storyboard. The eLearning designer may take over if the instructional designer decides that eLearning is a good fit for the learning objectives because they frequently possess both the skills of instructional design and eLearning authoring. To learn more about Instructional Design in Perth visit our Instructional Design page or read about our several Perth Instructional Design Courses.
eLearning Designer Perth – Skills and Qualities
To create effective instruction, and to communicate with stakeholders, SMEs, instructors, video developers, graphic designers and other relevant persons
eLearning Designers should have the learner front of mind in everything that they do.
When designing and developing eLearning, they should ask themselves:
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Is the content clear and concise?
- Are the activities relevant, impactful and contextualised?
- Does it include a variety of interactions and elements to keep learners engaged?
Eagerness to Learn
eLearning is an innovative field that is continuously evolving. Authoring tools and software are constantly updated to incorporate new, complex elements and features, which open up further possibilities for delivering content in engaging and effective ways.
It’s important that eLearning Designers are keen learners to:
- Keep up with the latest learning research and trends
- Develop skills in areas that will support eLearning design
- Build and refine skills in using various authoring tools and design software
- Deliver effective educational design services
Creative and innovative eLearning Designers will:
- Explore methods of delivering content in more engaging, inciteful and efficient ways
- Create rich learning tasks that deepen learners’ understanding
- Develop realistic, interactive scenarios that support learners in applying concepts in context
- Ideate designs for images, diagrams, infographics, videos and other elements that will enhance the content